On this Thanksgiving week edition of The Editors, Charlie, Reihan, Michael, and Luke discuss implications of the caravan’s arrival, Stacey Abrams and the Georgia election, and the California wildfire tragedy.
• Luke: Kevin on “The White Plantation.” This line alone seals it for me: “Washington’s anodyne would-be middle-managers of the soul.”
• Reihan: Michael Hendrix’s “Urbane Cowboys.”
• Charlie: Robert VerBruggen on his attempt to vote.
• MBD: Jonah Goldberg’s “Basta La Vista” edition of the G File.
• Luke: Diarmaid MacCulloch’s new biography of Thomas Cromwell.
• Reihan: Kim Stanley Robinson’s New York 2140.
• Charlie: Wiki.js.
• MBD: The Gypsy Swing playlist on Spotify.
The Editors is hosted by Rich Lowry and produced by Sarah Schutte.
You can access the full archive of The Editors at NationalReview.com/podcasts, where you can listen to four episodes per month for free, or get the entire back catalogue with an NR Plus membership. Visit NationalReview.com/subscribe for details.