Ricochet is the best place on the internet to discuss the issues of the day, either through commenting on posts or writing your own for our active and dynamic community in a fully moderated environment. In addition, the Ricochet Audio Network offers over 50 original podcasts with new episodes released every day.
City Journal editor Brian Anderson joins Vanessa Mendoza, executive vice president of the Manhattan Institute, to discuss Brian’s summer and vacation reading list.
Summer is traditionally a time when Americans can catch up on books that they’ve been meaning to read (or reread). We asked Brian to talk about what books are on his list this year, how he decides what to read, and more.
Check out Brian’s summer reading list, in the order discussed:
- The Masque of Africa: Glimpses of African Belief, by V.S. Naipaul.
- Leo Strauss on Political Philosophy: Responding to the Challenge of Positivism and Historicism, edited by Catherine H. Zuckert
- Invested: How Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger Taught Me to Master My Mind, My Emotions, and My Money (with a Little Help from My Dad), by Danielle and Phil Town
- Aristotle’s Way: How Ancient Wisdom Can Change Your Life, by Edith Hall
- Room to Dream, by David Lynch and Kristine McKenna
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less, by Greg McKeown
- Life After Google: The Fall of Big Data and the Rise of the Blockchain Economy, by George Gilder
Transcript of this conversation can be found at City Journal.
Subscribe to City Journal's 10 Blocks in Apple Podcasts (and leave a 5-star review, please!), or by RSS feed. For all our podcasts in one place, subscribe to the Ricochet Audio Network Superfeed in Apple Podcasts or by RSS feed.