Ricochet is the best place on the internet to discuss the issues of the day, either through commenting on posts or writing your own for our active and dynamic community in a fully moderated environment. In addition, the Ricochet Audio Network offers over 50 original podcasts with new episodes released every day.
This weekend, I enjoyed attending my first Ricochet Meetup in Kentucky, dragged along by my good friend Melissa. Here are the Top 10 things I learned over fantastic bbq and local beer:
10. Kentucky BBQ is fantastic. Red State BBQ & Marks Feed Store — Yum.
9. Betting on horses isn’t profitable (please don’t tell my husband).
8. Colonel Sanders and Muhammad Ali are buried in the same cemetery.
7. Someone who writes for Ricochet uses the pen name Rowena Tulley and has published several novels. Check them out on Kindle.
6. They offer a fun Ghost Tour of old Victorian mansions in Louisville. Next time.
5. Ricochet members seem to have spouses who don’t care about politics but are good sports. I adore them.
4. Attending meetups is good for your soul. Just do it.
3. Randy, who organizes the meetups, is a gem. He and his wife created an amazing weekend. Well done!
2. If you turn off the television and get out into the world, you will find it is a pretty great place, despite what the pundits tell us.
1. Ricochet is proof that civil discourse is still possible. What a wonderful thing to discover.
Can’t wait for the next one. Looking forward to interacting and hopefully meeting many of you! Glad to be here.Published in