Ricochet is the best place on the internet to discuss the issues of the day, either through commenting on posts or writing your own for our active and dynamic community in a fully moderated environment. In addition, the Ricochet Audio Network offers over 50 original podcasts with new episodes released every day.
One thing you can count on: the Left has no interest in being consistent, truthful or rational. They are perfectly comfortable contradicting themselves or misrepresenting the facts, because, after all, it’s for the greater good. So far no one has told me what the “greater good” actually is, or what’s good about it, but I digress.
Lately, the number of confusing and contradictory statements that have come from the Administration has been startling. I decided to list some of them, and you may find them both alarming and amusing. Some go back a couple of years. I will do my best to represent the understanding of the Left—although “understanding” might be an overstatement. For your aggravation and pleasure:
- Hate Speech–Anything said by the Right that we find distasteful; if Maxine Waters calls for violence, she’s only referring to the heritage of the Civil Rights Movement.
- Free Speech—Only those words that come from the Left are permitted; otherwise, see Hate Speech if it’s from the Right.
- Compassion—Actions taken by the Left that have only good intentions; outcomes are irrelevant.
- Unity—see Compassion
- Governing Cities—Making sure that a mayor outdoes every other mayor on the Left by locking down citizens, terrorizing business owners, and ignoring violence in the streets. There is a secret record being kept of winners and losers.
- Detention Centers—Condemning centers arranged by the Right; if the Left establishes them, see Compassion.
- Filibuster—a rule that was put in place to aggravate legislators who want to pass laws that are unjust and abhorrent to the other side.
- Systemic Racism—A strategy by which the government can enslave all citizens: denigrating and underrating black citizens and intimidating everyone else. (There of course is no chance for escape—you know, it’s systemic, and so whites and blacks are all doomed.)
- Equity—Assuring that all white citizens are acutely aware that they own nothing, and everything they have can be taken away by the government. It’s only fair.
- Diversity on Corporate Boards—all races and genders must be duly represented. Boards will have to expand to at least 50 seats to accommodate all the gender types and ethnicities. In terms of men and women, though, they are still all the same. Except when they’re not.
- Federalism—Meant to ensure that the federal government inflicts states with its power as often as possible; the move to force states to teach Critical Race Theory and the 1619 Project are examples.
- The Supreme Court—A subsidiary of Congress that reinforces the passing and legitimacy of Marxist laws and the Leftist agenda.
There are, of course, many more ironies, contradictions, and misrepresentations of the Left. Feel free to add to my list.Published in