Ricochet is the best place on the internet to discuss the issues of the day, either through commenting on posts or writing your own for our active and dynamic community in a fully moderated environment. In addition, the Ricochet Audio Network offers over 50 original podcasts with new episodes released every day.
A Stranger in a Strange Land: A Modest Compendium of Recent Assaults on the Laws and Traditions of our Nation
[Author’s note: I write in anger. Anguished, frustration, and bitterness over what is happening to the Nation I love deeply. I started this piece a few months ago (in anger) and have seen so many grotesqueries since then I decided I must try to finish it. Not to sound elitist, a risible label to apply to someone raised in the sugar cane fields of the Bayou Country of South Louisiana, I have to say that anyone who is not angry now must not have been witnessing the utter destruction being done to our country on a daily basis by the hoodlums now in “power.” This is my screed, from a heart that is breaking as they dismantle the greatest Nation ever created by the mind of man.]
I read, and listen to, Victor Davis Hanson at every opportunity as I view him to be one of the greatest intellectuals of conservatism alive today. A comment he made recently on his podcast, The Classicist, rang every chord of memory in me, as the few words he used to encapsulate the way he felt when he viewed present-day America fit like a glove the feeling I have had for quite a while although I have nothing even approaching Dr. Hanson’s acumen to find the exact words as he always seems to be able to do. After discussing the near-virtual takeover of the culture by “wokeness” he said (my good faith attempt at transcription):
“I have to be very careful here…but I feel like a stranger in a strange land. I looked out at Junipero Serra Mall Road right in front of the Hoover Tower and then came back after the lockdown.. and I thought what happened to it..it didn’t exist anymore. It had been renamed. Who did that? Students? Staff? And walking around the Stanford campus I see “Theme Houses” –they’re segregated areas. I look at the curriculum offered by Stanford University and the courses in philosophy and foreign languages … and history and analytics–the building blocks of classic Western education–are shrinking and the therapeutic courses in vast studies are a product of the vast monopoly of K-12 and colleges and universities are expanding. … I don’t know how you stop it. … We have no voice. “
I have felt this way for quite some time as although the Trump years offered some level of optimism to deplorables like me, the incessant drip, drip, drip Chinese water torture (perhaps not the best simile in these times) inflicted on President Trump for five straight years put a definite damper on any ray of hope which might try to breakthrough. But since the Marxist takeover by as radical a group as this Nation has ever seen, the blatant lie which was the Biden “campaign”, to use that term loosely, has caused me to wonder, for the first time, whether the Republic can withstand this ferocious an assault.
What follows is a brief list of some of the major flashpoints I see on the horizon, some much closer than we “proles”, as we were described in 1984, have been informed. It is my objective to treat the first of these in some depth, as I consider it to be the one most fraught with danger for our Nation. It is my plan to discuss a few others in some depth in later posts.
- A senile, dementia-stricken old fool – vile, venal, corrupt bottom-feeder at the public trough for almost half a century– in the office of Commander-in-Chief, with his frail, doddering finger on the nuclear button.
- A border which is becoming increasingly non-existent with floods of COVID carriers, criminal drug cartel members, MS-13 gangs, and terrorists from the Middle East entering, apparently with little or no control, American towns and cities and thousands of unaccompanied children being held in, yes, cages, under conditions which can only be termed inhumane.
- A Secretary of Homeland Defense who states openly what anyone with a TV set can see is a bald-faced lie, that there is no crisis at the border, bringing to mind “Baghdad Bob” of the Iraq War.
- The China-Taiwan crisis, potentially the most dangerous we have seen in decades and a Premier, Xi, more emboldened than ever by the images of a cognitively-challenged “President” who shows definite signs of not knowing where he is half the time and who no one thinks is really in charge of the Federal Government, including Premier Xi.
- Chinese Communist “diplomats” so aggressive they felt they could–and did–publicly insult and demean the Secretary of State of the United States at the recent conference in Anchorage, AK.
- A Vice President, for the first time in American history, conducting talks with Heads of State in the place of the President.
- $1.9 trillion bailout for disgracefully mismanaged Democrat-controlled cities and other such most deserving beneficiaries as Kazakhstan, dishonestly billed as “COVID relief” of which only 9% went for that cause.
- BLM and Antifa running amok with almost total impunity, while mere attendees at the January 6 disturbance at the Capitol Building are arrested and held, without bail, many in what is clearly the cruel and unusual punishment of solitary confinement, for having “been there” at the first “armed insurrection” in the history of the world in which not one single weapon of any kind was discovered.
- Most extensive militarization of Washington since Jubal Early invaded the city in 1864, ostensibly to protect our lawmakers from White Supremacists and Qanon members (I still don’t know what that is) who, in the really bizarre minds of fools like Pelosi and Schumer and AOC and Ilan Omar are trying to murder them, or something.
- General Officer ranks of the US Military becoming radically “woke” in the short time since “President” Biden came into office, openly discussing maternity flight suits, transgender surgery, and getting into verbal kerfuffles with a TV show host, instead of focusing on the legitimate, grave, and serious danger posed by China’s new open intransigence.
- Marxism, Socialism, “White Hatred”, and “White Fragility” influences have invaded our entire – K-12 through University- educational system and parents, except, thank God, for an increasingly brave few, are being cowed by fear of saying anything lest they be called the worst thing in American society today, “racist”.
- Blatant, open, in-your-face censorship of speech and the other rights guaranteed by the First Amendment.
- Lies and hoaxes by those in the highest positions in Government involving such matters as the six-foot separation “rule” which was based not on research but on an arbitrary “guesstimate” made by a German hygienist in 1897 which none of our leading “scientists” such as “Dr.” Fauci ever bothered to tell their “sheep” in the public.
- Electoral corruption so deep and entrenched that the perpetrators of that theft, and that’s what it was with enormous volumes of proof to support such a statement, were so arrogant they bragged about it in a well-known online magazine for the world to see.
- Threats voiced before the United States Supreme Court, with two Justices being threatened by name, by a New York street thug named Schumer, leading to calls for “packing” the Court, which has had nine members for many years, even withstanding the campaign of FDR to pack it in 1937.
- Moves to create two new states for the purpose of assuring the Democrats retain control of the Senate in perpetuity.
- Calls to abolish the Electoral College which was established by the Founding Fathers.
- Calls to eliminate the filibuster, which aside from terminating a tradition in place for many years, would possibly assure the passage of a bill nationalizing the election process, rendering null and void the Constitutional directing that the power to regulate elections resides exclusively in State Legislatures.
- Federal and State Courts and, most dispiritingly, the Supreme Court, declining to even hear well-founded challenges to the 2020 election in a number of states, most notoriously Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan, and Arizona.
- An Assistant Attorney General confirmed with the vote of a Republican, using that term most loosely, in charge of the Civil Rights Division, who openly and loudly proclaims her hatred for white people and Jews.
- Chicago’s Mayor, an African-American Lesbian, going full Jim Crow and announcing, without a hint of irony, that she will only give interviews to (a new category coming up) Reporters-of-Color.
- Mayors announcing across the country they will not prosecute certain “low level” crimes, such as the one in San Francisco stating he will not prosecute shoplifting charges under $950.00, resulting in the closure of five Walgreens in the city, depriving many senior citizens of a place to get their prescriptions filled.
- A. (State’s Attorney) in Chicago, an African-American woman, caught trying to arrange a “sweetheart deal” for race-hoaxter Jussie Smollett, allegedly at the behest of Michelle Obama, well-known paragon of virtue—and, even more mind-boggling, being re-elected with the generous financial assistance of the “Man Behind The Curtain”, George Soros.
- A. in St. Louis, an African-American woman, prosecuting homeowners who defended their property against an insane mob but taking no action whatsoever against the mob, which was, it should be noted as it might have a slight bearing on her decision, “peacefully protesting” for Black Lives Matter.
- A mainstream media which has so corrupted and prostituted itself it has lost practically all credibility and has become the equivalent of a State-Owned propaganda machine, 99% in favor of all Democrats, no matter how openly, obviously, and “transparently” dishonest and corrupt they are.
- An education system in total collapse, with officers of Teachers’ Unions refusing to teach children but posing for photographs at resorts in Puerto Rico. They have pina coladas; the children suffer.
- Public Health institutions in total disgrace, with the “High Vicar” of Covid response, St. Anthony, now documented to have been defrauding the people and the President he served all along, as many suspected but could not say in view of the obloquy which was sure to be heaped upon them if they dared to say the “unsayable” about the liberals’ idol.
- FBI proven, time and time and time again, to have become a pure political attack machine on behalf of Obama-Biden, losing all respect once held as the premier investigative agency in the world.
- Justice Department lawyer proven to have deliberately altered documents in a Court record given almost no punishment whatsoever and also being the only person even charged in the much-vaunted Durham “investigation” into spygate causing on to wonder if such an investigation really exists at all.
- A Federal Court, FISA, proven to have been lied to and defrauded, responds with what can only be termed “a strong letter”—but no disciplinary action whatsoever.
- San Francisco- a literal “s _ _ _ hole” due to almost non-existent law enforcement and abjectly incompetent administration.
- Portland—what happens when a perfectly lovely city is “governed” by denizens of the far left who simply do not believe anyone should be punished for crimes, including murders, severe injuries, burning, looting, destruction of small businesses and setting fire to a Federal Court building.
- Los Angeles—homelessness and crime practically out of control –but! don’t let them catch you without a towel wrapped around your face or you will definitely go to jail.
- Minneapolis—remember “Minnesota Nice”? Seems like ancient history, doesn’t it?
- Hatred of the past, reflected in the removal of such terribly hurtful things like statues of famous historical figures and the removal of the name of one of the most highly respected Generals of WW II from the Main Library of a prominent State University because “seeing the name” made some students feel “hurt”, “unsafe” and “in danger.”
I intentionally waited to write about Biden’s cognitive challenges until I had watched every single minute of his first press conference of his tenure in office. Thus, with the background of extensive reading on the subject beforehand, and with the serious caveat of not being a medically trained observer, these are my impressions as a lay observer and a dedicated supporter of President Trump. Biden showed fewer signs of cognitive challenges than I expected he would through at least the first half of the one-hour session and, contrary to what I expected, a few of the questions posed by the mainstream media were not softballs but seemed to me to reflect the frustration of the press in not being permitted to view actual conditions on the border.
The ABC reporter, Cecilia Vega, to my complete astonishment asked very direct questions along these lines. While he performed better than I expected – with the emphasis on the word “performed”—the impression I have formed based on trying to read a wide range of opinions on the matter has not changed. There were moments, some of them seeming to be quite long, when he seemed to “go out there” and to have to make a deliberate effort to bring himself back to the topic at hand. Toward the end, asked by the Bloomberg reporter about gun control considering the tragedies in Atlanta and Boulder, he seemed to feel the question was about infrastructure and gave an exceptionally long answer to that issue, never once touching on the substance of the question.
My bottom line impression would be that Chairman Xi, of whom he spoke admiringly as his colleague from his days as Vice President, Putin, Kim Jong-Un, and other dictators around the world were watching with rapt attention at a very weak, feeble, and severely programmed President with his finger on the nuclear trigger. I would also think it is highly probable they are wondering, as I am sure millions of my fellow deplorables were thinking—who was (were) the programmer(s)? That is the key to the next four years of our future, and most probably, our safety.
But, and much more critically, they must be wondering—what kind of people elected this incompetent cipher, knowing full well his record of being the lowest kind of pol and of being wrong on just about every foreign policy issue for years.
Perhaps the best place to start looking for reliable answers as to whether Mr. Biden is suffering from the early stages of dementia, and certainly the fairest source to consult, would be to ask a medical doctor and lecturer at the Yale School of Public Health. Fortunately, we have the answer of exactly such a person by the name of D. James Hamblin, writing in The Atlantic. In that article, accessible here, Dr. Hamblin discusses, at great length, such abnormalities as slurring of speech, “meandering, staccato bursts” of speech, and other symptoms and makes the case that what is needed is a “presidential capacity commission” “to evaluate presidential fitness.” While Dr. Hamblin stopped short of saying the President was cognitively impaired, a reading of the entire article leaves little doubt of what his actual diagnosis would be if called upon to give it.
As is probably readily obvious, this “diagnosis” was not of Biden, although all of the many indications the good doctor gave in his dissection of President Trump’s fitness to serve would fit “Good Ole Joe” like a glove.
Neither Dr. Hamblin or the 68,888 mental-health professionals who signed a petition declaring President Trump unfit for office have been heard from since our most obviously impaired President took office. One cannot help but hope that a sense of basic fairness will prompt them to address the “fitness for office” of Mr. Biden but one would be well-advised not to hold one’s breath while waiting for that exercise in even-handedness.
However, while my research did not reveal whether the 68,000 mental health professionals who were loud and clear about their conviction concerning President Trump have expressed similar concerns about Mr. Biden, it did uncover several statements of experts in the field, and commentators, worth noting.
One observer of the scene has quite movingly and compassionately referred to what is transpiring with Biden’s “handlers” as elder abuse, in a piece entitled “Joe’s Long Decline”:
“In their desperation for a president they could manipulate and in her zeal to be FLOTUS, the Democrat Party and Jill Biden offered Joe Biden as a sacrificial lamb to gain power — forcing the rest of us to watch, in real-time, the disintegration of a human being suffering from dementia. As far as I’m concerned, this is elder abuse that ranks right up there with the criminal actions of Democrat governors in sending tens of thousands of seniors to their early graves via COVID.
They can prop Joe up, but he increasingly stumbles in interviews, his public appearances are shorter, his press conferences nonexistent, and his jogs up to the dais have been replaced with him tottering off stage like Tim Conway’s Duane Toddleberry.
Not only does Kamala escort him off stage after standing legs athwart, masked in black like the Hand of the King, but Jill, the quintessential helicopter spouse, is ever-present, holding his hand. They call it affection but it is really for backup.
This is astounding behavior for a POTUS and FLOTUS but common among spouses in denial or trying to hide what is happening at home. Jill is the latter — clearly by his side for reinforcement and to whisk him away when the time is right because he won’t know when to leave a situation, where to go, or how to extricate himself — as we saw when he asked for questions at a House Democratic Caucus event and the live feed was abruptly terminated.
We saw Jill swoop in when he faltered in a Univision interview about kids in “facilities” on the border. She interrupted clarifying they were “shelters” and insisted it was being handled “in a more humane way.” Turns out that Jill has been tasked with supervising immigrant family reunification at the border — appearing more co-president than dutiful First Lady. This goes way beyond the routine reading, online bullying, and diet initiatives of recent First Ladies. With life imitating art, one wonders if 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue isn’t starting to resemble House of Cards?”
Another author outlined a recent incident involving loss of memory and, referring to the above-cited article, had some pungently direct words to offer about this “dangerously demented buffoon”:
“The latest evidence of Biden’s rapid decline came on Monday, when the White House trotted him out to announce that he has nominated two women generals for 4-star combatant commands. In short order, he forgot both the name of his secretary of defense, Lloyd Austin (who was standing at his side) and the name for the big, Pentagon-shaped building in which the American military command operates:
I want to thank the, uh, the, uh, former general, I keep calling him general, my, uh, my, uh, uh, the guy who runs that outfit over there. I want to make sure we thank the Secretary for all he’s done….
As I noted, Sally Zelikovsky wrote from a place of great compassion. I’m not that nice. I have no compassion for this man, who’s always been a buffoon and is now a dangerous and demented buffoon, who, while he still had some mental capacity, nevertheless allowed the greatest con ever to be run against the American people — namely, knowingly placing in the White House a man who is losing the never-more-than-marginally-competent mind he once had. In a just world, every Democrat who knew about his sagging mental abilities would be prosecuted for fraud — and the American people would get an election do-over.”
An analysis offered by an expert in Communication Disorders who spent 25 years as a Speech-Language Pathologist entitled “Executive Dysfunction: A Clinical Evaluation of Joe Biden’s Cognitive-Linguistic Deficits” contained this discussion:
“On March 10th, Biden unleashed his sulphuric temper on Jerry Wayne, an autoworker at the Chrysler-Fiat plant in Detroit, who accused him of trying to take away his 2nd amendment rights. “You’re full of [REDACTED],” Biden declared, and insisted that he only intended to confiscate Wayne’s “mythical AR 14, and its 100 round magazine.” When Wayne suggested that, as an elected official, Biden worked for him, Joe demanded that Wayne “…stop being such a horse’s ass,” wagged his finger in Wayne’s face, and warned, “You’re pushing up on me,” before offering to settle things outside.
This take-no-prisoners-approach is counterproductive to political success, which indicates that Biden may be suffering from a frontal lobe deficit known as Executive Function Disorder, a sequela marked by one’s inability to inhibit inappropriate speech and actions. If correct, this would also explain (but not excuse) Biden’s disturbing pattern of inappropriately touching women and little girls and invading their personal space. Executive Dysfunction does not, however, explain Biden’s frequent speech and language errors. (EFD is a frontal lobe problem that only plays a tangential role in speech or language production—temporal lobe issues.)”
Another incident, the slip and fall (3 times) going up the steps of Air Force One, was discussed with a reference to the way the media handled the barely perceptible slip (if indeed there was one) when President Trump was walking down a ramp at West Point:
The national media were ready to have a 25th Amendment party when a sloppy book by Michael Wolff came out with a bunch of ditzy rumors about President Trump’s mental acuity.
By contrast, we just watched the current president literally collapse and there’s not a peep of concern from the press.
Joe Biden on Friday was climbing up to board Air Force One when, even with his hand on the rail for support, he tripped over one of the steps. He pushed himself up only to see the same thing happen a second time. Finally, gravity got the best of his 78-year-old ankles and he fell to his knees.
Recall that an entire news cycle was made out of a video that showed Trump walking slowly down an outdoor backstage ramp.
Here’s the New York Times headline that came out of that: “Trump’s Halting Walk Down Ramp Raises New Health Questions.”
And here’s the paper’s headline after Biden ate it on the steps: “Biden is ‘doing 100 percent fine’ after tripping while boarding Air Force One.”
Nothing to see here, folks!
What are the real-life possible solutions to having a President who “resembles a distant, ceremonial figure like the King of Thailand—or perhaps Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI-someone who must be heard but not really listened to” as one writer put it. A good discussion can be found in “If Joe Biden really has dementia, can he be removed?”, addressing the possible invocation of the 25th Amendment. However, the real answer is—like Biden’s own condition-no one really knows.
It is my considered opinion that:
- We now have, thanks to many Democrats and Never Trump “Republicans” who should have seen the red flags, a President who is dangerously cognitively impaired.
- Our arch-rivals are sizing up our tragically weakened condition day by day.
- No one knows who the real President is, although my bet would be either Ron Klain, Susan Rice, Valerie Jarrett, or some combination of those persons, with, of course, the dark, Svengalian specter of the most divisive President in our history always hovering in the shadows.
- All of which, taken together, means the Nation we love is left with “A Truly Fraudulent Presidency.”
As Charles Hurt with the Washington Times asked in the title of his article on this issue: “Will the real president of the United States please stand up?”Published in General
Re Point #1: Not only is Biden incoherent and incapable, but just as frightening are the next two in the line of succession; the vacuous Harris and the (also) senile Pelosi. Our adversaries have to be licking their chops at the dilemma they face, namely, where to strike first.
I want to comment but now I’m too depressed.
You didn’t mention Hunter’s laptop and “the Big Guy” (and having it all discovered and then simply swept under the rug and forgotten),
and the killing of Trump’s progress in the Middle East,
and the abandonment of Israel,
and the shutting down of leases in the Artic Wildlife Refuge,
and the killing of the pipeline,
and the threats to end fracking,
and the re-ignition of the Iran deal,
and the blessing of a lucrative new pipeline for Putin for nothing,
and the hammering on the (essentially non-existent) “White Supremacist Movement” as our greatest national threat,
and the sanctioning of the 1619 Project and CRT being taught in schools,
not to mention explicit sexual practices like masturbation and crossdressing being discussed with children in our government schools by Trans-activists, with no pushback,
and teachers threatened to get on board with the full woke agenda if they want to keep their jobs,
sigh. I could go on but now I really don’t want to.
Once again, I turn to what is becoming the universal answer for such questions about today’s America:
As for your extended treatment of the puppet that now occupies the Oval Office, I’ll add a short summary passage from my Stranger in a Strange Land notes:
And an appropriate photo from Michael Yon:
(Somebody please explain to the Arizona Democrats in our midst that that is not a picture meant to flatter.)
A truly frightening prospect, Jim. Many, if not most, people I see lately act like everything is just hunky-dory and if you try to mention any of the chamber of horrors I talked about, you can see them just shutting down as they do not want to hear any “downer” news. I fully agree that it’s very unhealthy to dwell on all the dark moves going on, but it does seem to me that folks should take a little more realistic view of what’s going on and, if nothing else, try to educate themselves as to all of this nightmarish takeover by the Marxists and Socialists.
Well- I did say “modest”! :-) Thanks for your addendum– hope to hear from more of our colleagues with these kinds of additions.
Thanks for calling it exactly what it was; like so many of us, it’s been building for some time… seems to me we’re (the 75 million deplorables, not the NT/ Lincoln Project people, obviously, who seem to be just delighted to have a “President” who doesn’t know what state he is in half the time) living in a pressure cooker which I hope goes off in the right direction in 2022 so we can have at least a little hope for the future again.
Very interesting note as I had planned to include at least a brief mention of Murray’s phenomenal book, as the title describes exactly – sadly- what the Marxists are doing to our country! I would only add to that quote from the book, most respectfully of course, that a significant portion of the American population, due to the collapse of the educational system, no longer has much knowledge of the issues of the day beyond what they can get from the “comedy/news” late night shows, which many seem to regard as actual news shows. Also, it’s interesting to remember that this book was written a mere 9 years ago and to look at how much more we have unraveled since then.
That’s a mighty tall order, so I just think I’ll “let that cup pass me by”!
Ok, now I think I understand why I have anxiety attacks lately.
So: What can we do? How do we respond? To what lengths are we willing to go?
My sense is that the “frog in a skillet” metaphor is in play. We feel the heat and it isn’t comfortable but it’s not yet worth hopping out.
But how much can we do to address these many issues and serious threats with burned feet?
That’s a bit much. Nice guy. Good guy. He never says anything unexpected or even original. Just a member of the choir singing the same tune as so many others.
I like the fact that VDH is a farmer, from a farming family. Well grounded.
Our top adversary no longer has to be concerned about openly fighting a war against us.
We are ruled by the CCP on every level. Most Democrats in office are either openly supporting the Chinese Communist Party or else inadvertently supporting it.
Even Pres Trump failed the public on one important level – when it became apparent by June 15th 2020, that the CCP- led AniiFa/BLM activists were going to continue burning looting and murdering Americans inside low income business districts, he should have let his inner Eisenhower guide him into implementing a National Guard that took control and forced the hand of these criminally-inspired mobs.
That tactic worked in Little Rock Alabama when white segregationists indicated that if not stopped somehow, they would injure or kill African American children to keep schools segregated. It also worked several times under John Kennedy when rioting got out of hand.
Additionally, we see that one, two or 3 computer hacks can destroy a needed infra structure in Texas & elsewhere when weather conditions are extreme. Or destroy the ability to keep fuel flowing in our gas pipelines. Or shut down the meat supply, which is a necessary component in American diets.
The COVID “plandemic” was a concerted effort that had Bill Gates’ face on it. But proxies like Fauci gladly did their Master’s bidding… So who does Bill Gates answer to? Are any of those who use him as their middle men very important people inside the Chinese government?
Last year, whenever I typed out the remarkable COVID recovery rates among COVID patients in Turkey or Japan where officials were allowing for HCQ protocols, favipiravir or ivermectin, I was belittled by one or 2 people here for my naivete.
How dare I pay attention to the Japanese or Turkish interests who might be falsifying their data? But almost every other person in the USA accepted as Truth the film footage of people in China collapsing on the street from this new severe, bodies-to-be-piled-up-in-our-streets-ike-cordwood Pandemic.
What amazed me about film footage of the people who collapsed is when a person collapses due to a sudden death situation, at least sometimes, they fall on their heads. Every piece of film footage I watched shows people more or less landing gently on their bottoms!
So on the one hand, disbelieve the Japanese and Turks – but pay attention to what we can learn from the Chinese about this Devastating Illness Like Unto No Other. (Well it has been devastating – precisely because remedies were denied to COVID patients, & businesses were shuttered, such that in some industries, suicides were almost as numerous as COVID deaths.)
As I would find it near impossible to directly disagree with a Marine Officer (I was USAF but have always thought that if I had it to do over again I would have joined the Marines.. if, indeed, they would have had me!) who was deployed a number of times and who is also on top of all that a fellow member of the Bar, I will just leave it at saying I have a slightly different view of VDH. I stand in awe of the depth of his intellect in a range of areas Maybe I’m easily impressed.. at my age, you would think that would no longer be a problem!
Thanks for the note–and
Seems to me that one advantage VDH has because of his location etc, is that he can’t be so easily dismissed by the left as an unfeeling intellectual. (Whereas “feeling” is all their “intellectuals” seem to do.)
They don’t even have to strike, just help the Democrats stay in power.
That’s a pretty good list, a perfectly serviceable list, even moreso with some additions from commenters.
Here’s something to consider vis-a-vis that “25th Ammendment”: what happens (um…nothing) when those cabinet officers and bureaucrats that are tasked with ‘voting’ on removal, like things just the way they are…with virtually no Executive input or direction.
There’s a Left-wing cabal in charge and they like it that way. We’re in big trouble folks.
(Just wanted that documented in my comment history for easier future reference.)
Jim, after scanning your post (and subsequent comments) last night I intentionally didn’t read it; I wouldn’t have been able to sleep because it was too upsetting.
Now, in the light of day, I would add
a. A federal security apparatus that couldn’t keep a secret from the Chinese if their a&&es depended on it.
b. A sputtering cyber defence that permits any bare-footed hacker from third world ****hole countries to go through our firewalls as if they didn’t exist.
Yes. That cabal is called the executive, legislative, and judicial branches.
Yes the visible Dem leaders make Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum look marginally capable.
But aren’t those three dummies loved by the Left on account of the promises being made?
For instance, Young People: Are you tired of working a part time crappy job while struggling to attend college classes on The History Of Oppressed People in America?
That is no longer an issue for you. As we here at Biden/Harris/Pelosi R Us are promising free and eternal Basic Guaranteed Incomes. So unless someone really likes working in a pizzeria near the 700 degree oven on a 95 degree day – no need to show up! Likewise any jobs such as nursing assistants, janitors, transit agents, zoo animal cage cleaners need no longer be suffered through.
Of course, that also means you can’t go out to get your pizza, or avocado toast, or whatever, or even get it delivered, because none of the people who used to do those jobs, has to work either.
I am not sure how long it will take for younger people to figure that out?