This week’s three whisky happy hour centers around three percentage numbers: 99, 93, and 100. In looking at the latest craziness from higher education, Lucretia and I conclude scientifically that 99 percent of all college professors give the other 1 percent a bad name (sort of like lawyers); the “93 percent of protests are peaceful” sounds about as meaningful as “the Japanese flyover of Pearl Harbor on Dec. 7, 1941 was ‘mostly peaceful’ except for 5 minutes or so;” and that we’re still locking down the country even though 99.9 percent of COVID-19 cases aren’t fatal; and another scientific estimate that 100 percent of Atlantic magazine stories about Trump are literal fake news. (Dan Rather, call your office?)

We also drink to President Trump’s executive order banning “critical race theory” training sessions for federal employees and what should come next; the case for looting In Defense of Looting; and how long before Kamala Harris’s picture ends up on milk cartons since she seemed to disappear from the campaign scene this week, while “Dr.” Jill Biden (don’t you ever forgot the doctor part of her name!) is traveling “virtually” to Wisconsin this week, which sounds rather more like the astral projection popular in Marin County, where, coincidentally, a high proportion of anti-vaxxers will heed Harris’s call not to take any vaccine that Agent Orange recommends.

Subscribe to Power Line in Apple Podcasts (and leave a 5-star review, please!), or by RSS feed. For all our podcasts in one place, subscribe to the Ricochet Audio Network Superfeed in Apple Podcasts or by RSS feed.

There are 3 comments.

Become a member to join the conversation. Or sign in if you're already a member.
  1. OccupantCDN Coolidge

    I could never figure out John McCain. He was a military figure, who’s personal experience should have made him very careful with military deployments, and yet he was quite prolific with approval of military actions. I never understood that about him.

    The worse news of the Covid-1984 panic, was reported by the NY Times, they say that upwards of 70% of Covid positive tests are false positives. So the total number of actual infections could be much smaller than is reported. (The Policy Wonk Podcast talked about the article in one of their shows in the past week)

    The political reaction to this disease has been far far worse than the actual disease.

    • #1
    • September 7, 2020, at 3:13 PM PDT
    • 3 likes
  2. Richard Easton Member

    I completed the four year non-credit Basic Program from the University of Chicago. One of the instructors referred to some of his colleagues as 9-5 Marxists. They’d teach Marxism in their classes and then go off on their boats.

    • #2
    • September 7, 2020, at 5:47 PM PDT
    • 3 likes
  3. rdowhower Inactive

    Can’t wait for Lucretia’s new book to come out. She’ll have to reveal her identity then. :)

    • #3
    • September 8, 2020, at 5:29 AM PDT
    • 2 likes