Ricochet is the best place on the internet to discuss the issues of the day, either through commenting on posts or writing your own for our active and dynamic community in a fully moderated environment. In addition, the Ricochet Audio Network offers over 50 original podcasts with new episodes released every day.
Today on The Editors, Rich, Charlie, Luke, and David discuss the political blowback from last week’s bomb threats and tragic synagogue shooting, debate a potential executive order targeting the 14th Amendment, and lay out all their election predictions ahead of next Tuesday.
In light of the recent allegations, Rich, Reihan, Charlie, and Michael focus this episode of The Editors on a discussion of all things Kavanaugh.
• Rich: And excerpt from Reihan’s new book, coming out in the next magazine issue.
• Reihan: J.J.’s column on editorial cartoons, which contains a devastating line.
• Charlie: Rich’s piece today on Kavanaugh.
• MBD: McCarthy on Dems and GOP Judicial Nominations.
In this episode of The Editors, Rich, Reihan, Charlie, and Michael debate the impact Woodward’s new book on the White House will have, discuss how the Left is losing its mind during the Kavanaugh hearings, and muse over the cause of Steve Bannon’s exclusion from the New Yorker Festival.
In this episode of The Editors, Rich, Reihan, Charlie, and Michael remember John McCain, discuss possible outcomes of an ongoing NAFTA negotiation with Mexico, and consider controversies in the recent Florida primary. Rich also asks Michael for more details and clarification on the unfolding scandal in the Catholic Church.
• Rich: Anything on NRO by MBD or Alexandra on the church scandal.
• Reihan: Teddy’s piece on immigration restriction in the age of Trump.
• Charlie: Kevin Williamson on an Economist article.
• MBD: John O’Sullivan on Is The Pope Catholic?
On today’s episode of The Editors, Rich, Luke, Michael, and Dan discuss the aftereffects of the Cohen and Manafort trials, corruption’s role in current politics, and Cuomo’s clumsy shot at patriotism. To finish up, they answer some questions from NRPlus members.
• Rich: The Williamson cover story on Amazon in the next print issue.
• Luke: VDH on Brennan and Mudd.
• Dan: Alexandra’s Heitkamp piece.
• MBD: David Bahnsen arguing with George Will.
Michael, Charlie, Dan, and Luke discuss the media’s coordinated anti-Trump editorials, John Brennan’s being stripped of his security clearance, a second round of litigation against Masterpiece Cake Shop, and the heinous PA grand jury report.
• Luke: Jay Nordlinger comes to enlightenment in “You’re On Your Own.”
• Dan: Ed Whelan and Thomas Jipping on the minutiae of the Kavanaugh nomination fight.
• Charlie: Kevin Williamson on “hypocrisy”
• MBD: Gabriel Rossman’s On Wives and Widgets.
In this episode of The Editors, Rich, Charlie, and Luke delve into social-media’s banning Alex Jones, consider the Sarah Jeong affair, and mull over the implications of the recent Ohio special election.
Rich, Reihan, Charlie, and MBD discuss Bernie Sanders’s ‘Medicare for All’ idea, the unwarranted backlash over 3D-printed guns, and the theatrical mess of Trump v the press.
• Rich: Rabbi Rob Thomas’s piece on collecting tanks from the next print edition.
• Reihan: Chris Pope’s short and sweet piece on single payer.
• Charlie: David French’s explainer on 3D guns.
• MBD: Kevin Williamson on ICE resisters.
Rich, Reihan, Charlie, and Michael hit off this episode of The Editors with a lively tussle over trade issues, followed by a discussion of Trump’s Iran and NATO diplomacy, and finish off by glancing at the Cohen tape.
• Rich: Alexander Nazaryan’s cover piece on Berkeley in the new print issue.
• Reihan: Graham Hillard’s piece in defense of landline phones.
• Charlie: Fred Bauer on “The Communal Roots of Individual Liberty”.
• MBD: Patrick O’Donnell’s piece on the importance of World War I.
Reihan, Luke, Charlie, and Michael discuss Trump’s poor Helsinki performance, debate the sustainability of Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez as a candidate, and make the case for more creative political representation on all sides.
• Reihan: Alexandra’s piece on the battle for Virginia.
• Luke: Kevin’s laceration of bad Shakespeare performances.
• Charlie: Liam Warner on Ocasio-Cortez .
• MBD: Douglas Murray on Merkel and Europe.
In this 100th episode of The Editors, Rich, Charlie, and Michael discuss their reactions to the SCOTUS pick, ponder President Trump’s tenuous relationship with NATO, and compare notes on the ‘un-American game’ of soccer.
Rich, Charlie, Michael, and Luke engage in a ‘principled critique of the Senate,’ discuss the Bill of Rights, and consider various other parts of the American system.
• Rich: Calvin Coolidge Speech on the 150 Anniversary of the Declaration
• Luke: In the Event of Moon Disaster
• Charlie: Calvin Coolidge Gardner Letter (scroll for letter)
• MBD: Frederick Douglass Decoration Day 1871 Speech