Ricochet is the best place on the internet to discuss the issues of the day, either through commenting on posts or writing your own for our active and dynamic community in a fully moderated environment. In addition, the Ricochet Audio Network offers over 50 original podcasts with new episodes released every day.
From the retail apocalypse to ESPN to Fox News, lots of people in the news of late are getting wacked from their jobs. Brian Ward and Paul Happe return to try and make sense of it all. Specific topics addressed include:
- What is the meaning of work in the modern age of constant creative destruction? Is the traditional notion of emotional investment in your employer and your co-workers outdated? We delve into the big issues.
- Bill O’Reilly losing his job for cause, and what cause it was. We discuss the man’s long record of hints and allegations. Also, exclusive audio of the phone call Fox News legal made to fire Bill O’Reilly.
- The House Republicans passed a bill ostensibly repealing and replacing Obamacare, and the Democrats celebrated the imminent electoral consequences for them by singing “Na Na Hey Hey Goodbye.” Are they right? Also, exclusive audio from C-SPAN of all the singing and chanting occurring on the House floor.
- ESPN fired about a hundred prominent employees in their latest strategy to combat declining revenues and increasing costs. What is the real problem with ESPN?
- What were we drinking during the show? Surly Fest from Surly Brewing and Mango Blonde from Lift Bridge Brewery.
All member feedback welcome in the comments section. Hope you enjoy!More