By Brian Ward
It’s the return of The Hinderaker-Ward Experience (HWX). Brian Ward of Fraters Libertas and John Hinderaker of Power Line convene on a cold Minnesota night to discuss the big issues of the past week. These include:
- The weather (cold)
- The election of Pope Francis and papal naming conventions
- The recently concluded CPAC convention in DC
- Rand Paul and illegal immigration
- Loon of the Week (a double shot of sequestration hysteria)
- This Week in Gatekeeping (there’s nothing I can do to reverse the acid treatment on your face, but it reminds me of a funny story)
We’re also joined by the great Peter Berkowitz. He’s a distinguished political scientist and legal scholar, and author of the hot, controversial new book, Constitutional Conservatism: Liberty, Self-Government, and Political Moderation. How will Conservatives win elections in the future? Peter Berkowitz has the answer.
And let’s get back on the horse for Ricochet Member/Listener of the Week. The first person to name (in the comments section) the Pope who I declared as having the best name of all time wins, and wins big – a LIVE appearance on the next HWX.
All feedback is welcome and encouraged in the comments section. Hope you enjoy.