This week, on Need To Know, Bret Stephens (the foreign-affairs columnist of the Wall Street Journal and deputy editorial page editor) joins to discuss Susan Rice’s withdrawal from consideration for Secretary of State. Then, a discussion of the left’s views and behavior on the issue of human rights (spoiler: it’s not what the media wants you to believe) and the stranger-than-fiction role that Jesse Jackson played in Susan Rice’s handling of the crisis in Sierra Leone. Bret reveals his picks for the two greatest novels of the 20th century, the twisted priorities of Peter Arnett, and people who oppose freedom. Also, discussion of John Kerry–Secretary of State, Sean Penn’s BFF Hugo Chavez, and insufficient grief. Finally, a look at the state of Michigan and why smoking is a line the left will not let you cross.
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.