Join Jim and Greg as they welcome the news that West Virginia Democrat Joe Manchin is opposing the nomination of Neera Tanden, President Biden’s choice for budget director, and two of the most moderate Republicans are already saying they’re voting against her as well. They also hammer California Democrat Ro Khanna, after the congressman says he doesn’t want small businesses that cannot afford to pay $15 per hour. And they follow the insane evolution of “the experts,” who are now saying that you will need to wear a mask long after the bulk of the population has been vaccinated.

Subscribe to Three Martini Lunch in Apple Podcasts (and leave a 5-star review, please!), or by RSS feed. For all our podcasts in one place, subscribe to the Ricochet Audio Network Superfeed in Apple Podcasts or by RSS feed.

Please Support Our Sponsor!

Ritual

There are 2 comments.

Become a member to join the conversation. Or sign in if you're already a member.
  1. Seawriter Contributor
    Seawriter
    @Seawriter

    A math lesson for Jim:

    Vaccine reduces your chance of getting the disease by 90% – therefore chance of getting it 10%

    Chance of passing the disease if you have the disease: 30%.

    Chance of getting a case of Covid that requires hospitalization: 10%

    Chance of getting a case of Covid that kills you at age below 65: 0.01%

    Chance of getting a case of Covid that kills you between 65 and 75 : 0.1%

    Chance of getting a case of Covid that kills you over 75: 1 %.

    Now the math:

    Chance of getting a case of covid that requires hospitalization from someone who has been vaccinated:

    .1 x .3 x .1 = 0.003 or .3%

    Chance that you will die contracting Covid from someone who has had it or been vaccinated:

    If you are over 75: 0.003 x 0.01 = 0.00003 = 0.003% (or 1:33,333)

    If you are under 65: 0.003 x 0.0001 = 0.0000001% (or 1:3,333,333)

    That’s right folks – less than one in three million. For this we need masks? The oxygen deprivation due to wearing masks will likely cause a greater number of deaths. But hey – if there are 20-30 additional deaths due to people making fatal mistakes because they were not thinking clearly due to wearing masks, that a small price to pay to prevent that one death due to Covid.

     

    • #1
  2. kedavis Member
    kedavis
    @kedavis

    Part of me thinks even the worst Biden nominees should be confirmed, because otherwise people won’t experience and hopefully understand the awfulness of the full Biden Experience.

    • #2