Ricochet is the best place on the internet to discuss the issues of the day, either through commenting on posts or writing your own for our active and dynamic community in a fully moderated environment. In addition, the Ricochet Audio Network offers over 50 original podcasts with new episodes released every day.
The Heartland Institute’s Donald Kendal, Jim Lakely, Chris Talgo and special guest Steve Milloy of JunkScience.com discuss the latest alarmist climate report from the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). The so-called “AR6 Report” is getting a ton of attention in the media, and all the coverage is gloom and doom. But is that really the case? What does the report really say, and is there a climate crisis caused by human activity? And, if there is, what can/should we do about it?
Alex Epstein Twitter Thread
Heartland Institute (press release) – Heartland Institute Reacts to Alarmists UN IPCC Climate Report
IS THERE A CRISIS?
Newsweek – Yes, the Climate Is Changing. No, It’s Not an Emergency | Opinion
CO2 Coalition – Observations Concerning the Newest IPCC Report
Climate Depot – Here we go again: New UN ‘IPCC report…
Climate At A Glance website
Climate Realism website
DEMS PLAN IS EXPENSIVE, DISRUPTIVE, AND INEFFECTIVE
Heartland Institute – The Green New Deal Means Monumental Disruption
Heartland Institute (Policy Brief) – The Green New Deal: A Grave Threat to the Economy, Environment, and Freedom
Heartland Institute (Policy Brief) – How the Green New Deal’s Renewable Energy Mining Would Harm Humans and the Environment
Heartland Institute (Policy Brief) – Protecting the Environment From the Green New Deal
Worldometers – CO2 Emissions by Country
In The Tank (ep196) – Top 5: Facts You Should Know About Climate Alarmism
Solar and Wind Energy is terrible
- Cost compared to reliable energy – https://www.instituteforenergyresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/IER_LCOE2019Final-.pdf
- “Days of 10-fold increases to efficiency are over” – https://www.manhattan-institute.org/green-energy-revolution-near-impossible
- Land area and resource usage are high – https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/01/green-new-deal-renewable-energy-cannot-meet-needs/
- Environmentally toxic – waste material – https://www.instituteforenergyresearch.org/renewable/solar/the-mounting-solar-panel-waste-problem/
- Bird killers – https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0006320713003522, https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/alexandria-ocasio-cortezs-green-new-deal-is-a-bird-pocalypse
In The Tank Podcast (e240) – Documentary Review: Michael Moore’s Planet of the Humans
EVEN MICHAEL MOORE AGREES THAT WIND AND SOLAR ARE TERRIBLE SOLUTIONS TO DEALING WITH GLOBAL WARMING.
A REAL PLAN FOR THE “IF” SCENARIO
Forbes – The Real Reason They Hate Nuclear Is Because It Means We Don’t Need Renewables
Human Events – Why Environmentalists Will Eventually Hate Renewable Energy
Forbes – If They Are So Alarmed By Climate Change, Why Are They So Opposed To Solving It?
[Please subscribe to the Heartland Daily Podcast for free on iTunes at this link.]
Subscribe to In the Tank in Apple Podcasts (and leave a 5-star review, please!), or by RSS feed. For all our podcasts in one place, subscribe to the Ricochet Audio Network Superfeed in Apple Podcasts or by RSS feed.