There are 5 comments.

  1. Gary Robbins Reagan

    The point was that Trump was favored only by 45% of Republicans, and that he has dominated the remaining 55% of Republicans, many of whom have not totally bought into Trumpism.

    • #1
    • November 6, 2018, at 4:31 AM PDT
    • Like
  2. Zoomie93 Lincoln

    Gary Robbins (View Comment):

    The point was that Trump was favored only by 45% of Republicans, and that he has dominated the remaining 55% of Republicans, many of whom have not totally bought into Trumpism.

    I think John made a real error in logic here. I use myself to illustrate the point. I was one of the 55% who didn’t vote for Trump in the primaries. I did however vote for him in the Presidential and would now describe myself as a rather enthusiastic supporter. I have no idea how many Cruz, Rubio, or Paul, etc supporters have come around. I think many if not all of the 55% didn’t support him because he wasn’t Conservative enough. The results suggest that these voters should be quite happy with him now.

    • #2
    • November 6, 2018, at 4:45 AM PDT
    • Like
  3. Zoomie93 Lincoln

    Really gonna miss the Sohrab if this was his last appearance on Commentary. He is the voice of reason and thought. Unfortunately John and Noah just can’t seem to breakout of their pre-election 2016 mindset. Noah seems particularly immune to new data that doesn’t confirm his suburban NJ worldview.

    • #3
    • November 6, 2018, at 4:50 AM PDT
    • Like
  4. GadgetGal Thatcher

    I, too, will miss Sohrab and his melifluous voice on the podcast. He added a unique and valued perspective to the conversation that I really appreciated. Now it’s up to Abe to counter the more apocalyptic views of Noah and John…

    • #4
    • November 6, 2018, at 5:01 AM PDT
    • Like
  5. Daniel Sterman Listener

    GadgetGal (View Comment):

    I, too, will miss Sohrab and his melifluous voice on the podcast. He added a unique and valued perspective to the conversation that I really appreciated. Now it’s up to Abe to counter the more apocalyptic views of Noah and John…

    I for one welcome our new crushingly morose overlords.

    • #5
    • November 14, 2018, at 1:13 AM PDT
    • Like