Ricochet is the best place on the internet to discuss the issues of the day, either through commenting on posts or writing your own for our active and dynamic community in a fully moderated environment. In addition, the Ricochet Audio Network offers over 50 original podcasts with new episodes released every day.
Are prison nurseries, that house incarcerated mothers and their young children, effective? Moreover, are they moral? And what impact do active fathers have the development of children, especially for girls?
These are some of the issues Ian and Naomi tackle in this episode. Together, they discuss the efficacy and ethics of prison nurseries. They then talk about the crucial role fathers play in child development, ending with a Congressional Black Caucus report on the suicide crisis among black youth.
– Explosion in the incarceration of women (0:37)
– Prison nurseries (2:17)
– Mass incarceration, nonmarital births, importance of fatherhood (7:01)
– Suicide in the black community (11:26)
– As More Mothers Fill Prisons, Children Suffer ‘A Primal Wound’ (The New York Times)
– On prison nurseries (National Affairs)
– Ring the Alarm: The Crisis of Black Youth Suicide in America (Congressional Black Caucus)
The post Are You Kidding Me: Fathers be Good to Your Daughters? appeared first on American Enterprise Institute – AEI.
Subscribe to AEI Podcast Channel in Apple Podcasts (and leave a 5-star review, please!), or by RSS feed. For all our podcasts in one place, subscribe to the Ricochet Audio Network Superfeed in Apple Podcasts or by RSS feed.