Ricochet is the best place on the internet to discuss the issues of the day, either through commenting on posts or writing your own for our active and dynamic community in a fully moderated environment. In addition, the Ricochet Audio Network offers over 50 original podcasts with new episodes released every day.
The COVID-19 coronavirus has forced schools around the country to close their doors; how can educators ensure that children receive a quality education in their homes? How should parents balance work and caretaking, limit screen time for their children, and choose family activities in the coming months?
In this special episode, Naomi and Ian discuss how the coronavirus is impacting child welfare in the US. They provide thoughts on what families and educators can do to get ahead of this crisis and ensure that American children continue to learn and grow as they spend time at home.
– How Public Prep is responding to COVID-19 (0:57)
– DeBlasio’s slow response, and schools as social welfare organizations (2:22)
– How to structure childrens’ days for online learning (4:35)
– Intentional and edifying family activities (9:04)
– Supporting vulnerable populations (12:13)
Subscribe to AEI Podcast Channel in Apple Podcasts (and leave a 5-star review, please!), or by RSS feed. For all our podcasts in one place, subscribe to the Ricochet Audio Network Superfeed in Apple Podcasts or by RSS feed.