Ricochet is the best place on the internet to discuss the issues of the day, either through commenting on posts or writing your own for our active and dynamic community in a fully moderated environment. In addition, the Ricochet Audio Network offers over 50 original podcasts with new episodes released every day.
Overseeing one of the country’s oldest non-profit adoption agencies, Trambitskaya explains the key differences between public and private adoptions as well as recent cultural trends toward voluntary adoption while sustaining birth-family connections. Later on, Riley, Rowe, and Trambitskaya react to a recent article from the New York Times entitled, “Why aren’t there more rich foster parents?”
– Private vs. public adoptions (1:29)
– Why have international adoptions fallen so much in the US? (2:56)
– Voluntary adoption as a positive choice birth parents make (7:41)
– Spence-Chapin’s innovative approach toward interim care (12:51)
– Reacting to “Why aren’t there more rich foster parents?” (15:10)
Why aren’t there more rich foster parents? (The New York Times)
Subscribe to AEI Podcast Channel in Apple Podcasts (and leave a 5-star review, please!), or by RSS feed. For all our podcasts in one place, subscribe to the Ricochet Audio Network Superfeed in Apple Podcasts or by RSS feed.