Ricochet is the best place on the internet to discuss the issues of the day, either through commenting on posts or writing your own for our active and dynamic community in a fully moderated environment. In addition, the Ricochet Audio Network offers over 50 original podcasts with new episodes released every day.
Philip Booth is professor of finance, public policy, and ethics and director of Catholic Mission at St. Mary’s University explores all aspects of free trade and globalization.
- What is globalization? Is it a new phenomena? How did globalization fuel progress in the 19th century and how was it disrupted? How has globalization effected the developing world? How are effects different in the developed world?
- What challenges does globalization present to both the developed and developing world?
- Does protectionism offer an effective answer to the challenges of globalization in the developed world? The developing world?
- Why have political movements on both the left and the right seemed to grow more hostile to globalization over recent years?
- Does free trade and globalization erode local cultures?
- What concerns have religious leaders raised concerning globalization?
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.
Subscribe to Acton Line in Apple Podcasts (and leave a 5-star review, please!), or by RSS feed. For all our podcasts in one place, subscribe to the Ricochet Audio Network Superfeed in Apple Podcasts or by RSS feed.