I’d long thought the the size and scope of the federal government was a problem. It requires a lot of money to have the expansive state that we do. But Americans love it. They want huge, inefficient social welfare programs. They want a military that is involved throughout the world. They don’t want a single cut in any program, no matter how redundant or wasteful it is. What’s more, they’re generally on board with huge expansions in the scope of government, such as Obamacare with its attendant m…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.