So I have a question for the Ricochetti:
The reason why we have high fructose corn syrup in the U.S. is (at least mostly) because we have corn subsidies that keep the price of our corn artificially low. Somewhere along the line, some clever people found a way to turn this super cheap and plentiful corn into a super cheap and plentiful syrup.
With higher education, we have all sorts of subsidies (loans, gov’t grants, etc.) yet the price of college has increased 1000% in real dollars since 19…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.