I was reading an essay in Public Discourse about the Boy Scouts that got me thinking. Why are there separate scouting organizations for boys and girls?
I understand that most scouting organizations developed separately, and I understand why we used to have different organizations for boys and girls. I know that we used to think boys and girls were different.
Heck, I’m so old I remember we used to think sexual…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.