Dr. Rahe’s recent post on China got me thinking; why are politicians universally corrupt? If you’re a conservative like me, you probably have a fairly small circle of friends. I choose my friends based on virtue. I don’t have a single friend I wouldn’t trust with the keys to my house, my checkbook, or my wife (if I had one). Life is difficult enough; why would I willingly surround myself with thieves, liars, scalawags, bums and misanthropes? And yet, even in a democracy, we routinely elect bott…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.