Okay, I’ll go first: In the final third or so of the debate Ryan proved the dominant presence on the stage.
But by then it was too late.
During the first two-thirds or so, when viewers were still watching, Biden pushed Ryan around–and Ryan permitted him to get away with him. Biden proved a loudmouth and a boor. But he also proved the dominant figure on the stage.
If you had to choose a winner, I’d say–and it pains me–that Biden won.
But I’d also say it doesn’t matter. This debate won’t move the polls at all.
That’s my two cents. Yours?
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.