Suicide among the elderly in Korea is disturbingly common, a New York Times article reports. In Korea, the article explains, parents tended to look to their children for security in old age, essentially in the place of a pension. As a consequence, they would pour their life savings into their children’s education. The suicid…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.