A few days ago as part of his remembrance of Christopher Hitchens, Rob posted an episode of Uncommon Knowledge from 1998 with Hitchens and William F. Buckley. Almost immediately, Peter prompted us to go find this Uncommon Knowledge featuring the prescient pairing of Hitchens and Newt Gingrich recorded in July, 2002. The interview is fascinating for any number of reasons (we can’t get over that set — a sort of proto poli-sci man cave), but most interestingly, it captures the two men reflecting and debating the then still fresh horror of 9/11 and what they predicted it meant for our future.
To see more of Christopher Hitchens on Uncommon Knowledge, visit the archives here.
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.