Tonight expect a flurry of “Ryan lies” charges from Vice President Joe Biden. Set aside why even the MSMosphere would take seriously such an accusation from a serial plagiarizer. Why is the Obama campaign focused on shouting “Romney (or Ryan) lies” no matter what the GOP candidates say? After all, time after time the so-called “lies” have turned out to be completely true. My Monday column at HughHewitt.com looks at what the Obama campaign is up to, concluding:
[E]ven as they level the charge of “lies,” the administration and its allies are careless (at best) with facts and the truth. They are intent not on winning the national debate but on “disqualifying” (as the current phrase has it) the Romney-Ryan ticket — not a pretty strategy, nor an honorable one. The question now is, will it work?
We’ll see tonight.
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.