Paules had this post about Russia’s demographic death spiral and I recently read an article stating that college-educated American women have a fertility rate of only 1.6, which is little better than China’s 1.54 with its one-child policy. Note comments 12 and 13 in Paules thread, and that a birth rate of 2.11 per woman is necessary to avoid a societal contraction and collapse.
So the question is, since in biolog…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.