So we’ve discussed how the Democratic Party had removed any mention of God in its platform. It had also removed any mention of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. Neither of these omissions sat well with parts of the party and so there was a move when the convention opened tonight to put them back in. Easy peasy, right?
All it took was a simple 2/3 vote in the affirmative to get those references back in. Except when Convention Chair (and Los Angeles Mayor) Antonio Villaraigosa asked for people…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.