I originally intended to write some long-winded, footnote-heavy treatise on my opposition to the drug war. But then the thought occurred: I never bother reading anyone’s post that goes on forever, so why would anyone read mine? I’m not going to cite statistics, but address the philosophy instead. I’ll keep it short.
Recently, Ann Coulter and John Stossel debated America’s War on Drugs. Stossel, the libertarian, has argued for years that restrictive drug laws are futile, wasteful, and lea…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.