Despite Obama’s disapproval, I’m packing up to head to Las Vegas for the weekend to visit a few old chums. Maybe I’ll run into a horde of federal government employees who are there attending a conference on how to burn through taxpayer dollars. Instapundit writes:
Remember when Obama said it was wrong for corporations to send people to Vegas? Investigation: 140 Census Bosses Took Vegas Trip. “The trip cost an estimated $100,000 in airfare, meals and hotel costs and is coming under withering criticism from a Colorado congressman.” Spending restraint, like taxes, is for the little people.
If I see any government bureaucrats — I’m sure they’re easy to spot — I’ll snap a few photos and post them.
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.