A Ricochet reader — who can’t comment because she hasn’t yet decided to join — sent me the full transcript of Crowley’s remarks on Pakistan’s You Tube ban. I’m very relieved to see that in context, Crowley does not at all sound the complete cretin he would seem to be from the way Dawn reported it. He actually offers a reasonably robust defense of freedom of expression, apart from that line about protecting citizens from offensive speech.
Note to the anonymous Ricochet reader: You may as well join. You’re obviously into it, and it’s not that expensive.
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.