Supposedly, labor unions are the ones to thank for all of our laws protecting workers against exploitation. Company towns, child labor, and other labor injustices were overcome by the organization of labor. Unions, as the story goes, began as saintly guardians and only became the corrupt, thuggish organizations we know today after many decades of humble service to the poor and abused.
Do you believe it?
Could such worker protection laws have emerged — would they have emerged — with…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.