Last month, when the June jobs report came out showing only 18,000 jobs had been added for the month, many people took it hard. The July report came out and reports the “good news” that the economy added 117,000 jobs. Another 200,000 folks just dropped out of the labor force. This means our unemployment rate is down to 9.1%
It takes about 125,000 jobs a month to keep up with population growth. And if President Obama wants the country to be below 8% unemployment by Nov. 2012, that number needs …
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.