I’m sure at one time almost everything we enjoy, or take for granted, was considered a perk for those who had money. Having grown up overseas, there are many ordinary things whose ubiquity I almost haven’t gotten over yet, such as air conditioning and carpet. I remember my mom telling me that most Americans owned a car, and many of them even had two. Two cars. What would you do with them?
But there are some luxuries that seem to have been an especial provenance of the rich, either q…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.