A few weeks ago, someone in a comment thread mentioned G.K. Chesterton’s Heretics, which I’m finally getting around to reading. Right there at the beginning there was a passage that struck me as worth considering during our post-election wandering in the desert:
Neither in the world of politics nor that of literature, then, has the rejection of general theories proved a success. It may be that t…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.
Already a member? Sign in.