Recently I watched a television show where we, the audience, were introduced to the mother of one of the main characters as well as to the mother’s friend and roommate, another woman. I was somewhat annoyed at myself for knowing that “friend” and “roommate” were code words for a sexual relationship, but sure enough, as the episode progressed, I was proven correct.
As I later reflected on this admittedly small part of the episode, I realized why it bothered me so much. It wasn’t mer…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.