In his most recent podcast, Dave Carter described his new truck in great and humorous detail. But that wasn’t enough for me and his legions of fans — we wanted to see it. So for weeks, I’ve been bugging Dave to use that fancy phone of his to give us a video tour (as if he doesn’t have anything better to do). Yesterday the video finally appeared along with this note from Dave:
“After no less than 10 minutes of careful analysis, I’ve concluded that the person who first coined the phrase, “A picture is worth a thousand words,” was just trying to weasel out of a writing assignment. But I’m not above adding to his evasions by saying that a video must be worth at least three thousand more words. So please consider the following video tour of my new truck as a temporary substitute for the more substantial post I have been meaning to write for the last several days. Besides, there are enough people who have expressed interest,….even a touch of occasional envy at the thought being a long haul truck driver, to give me hope that you might find this guided tour of some interest. So c’mon in, won’t you? I just dusted the place.”
Thanks, Dave. Now the next time you’re in Southern California, I want to drive the beast.
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.