On Friday afternoon, the Obama administration released an Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to announce it was proceeding as planned with its new federal mandate that abortion pills, sterilization procedures, and contraception must be provided without co-pays under virtually all health care plans.
The mandate will force almost all employer-provided health care plans, including those purchased by employers and employees who object on moral or religious grounds to paying for these services, to pay for abortifacients, contraception, and sterilizations by August 2012.
The mandate will force religious institutions–such as charities, universities, and hospitals–to provide these services by August 2013. As Cardinal Timothy Dolan said when the Obama administration announced the rule in January, “In effect, the president is saying we have a year to figure out how to violate our consciences.”
Time in which to figure out how to violate our consciences–or how to remove President Obama from office.
ObamaCare delenda est.
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.