They’re calling him the Democratic Todd Akin. Colorado State Representative Joe Salazar took the floor in Denver during debate on a bill that would prohibit the concealed carry of firearms on college campuses in the Centennial State and proceeded to make the following argument:
That’s right: women (who we all know are prone to the vapors) can’t be trusted with handguns, as they’re prone to preemptive strikes based on paranoid delusions of being surrounded by sexual predators. But enjoy the complimentary rape whistle!
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.