This weekend, in Oxford, Mississippi, I sat outside on a bench in the picture-perfect town square and talked with a couple of young religious guys.
They weren’t Baptists, which you’d expect in that part of Mississippi. They were Mormons. And Mormons — once a small, clannish group — have arrived on the American scene in a big way.
Four years ago, at a swank dinner party in Manhattan, a very prominent — and intelligent — conservative journalist and editorial writer intoned with utter confid…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.