Today has occasioned no shortage of snark, both here at Ricochet and around the web, as we watch the fateful date of December 21, 2012 slip by without the promised apocalypse that was supposed to accompany the end of the Mayan calendar (which was surely the product of a Mayan calendar-maker wanting to skip out a little early on a weekend).
We all spoke too soon. The earth may not have been destroyed, but that doesn’t mean the world as we know it isn’t coming to a close. The evidence: Richard Epstein is now on Twitter. And his debut was just as metaphysical as you’d expect:
Richard Epstein, confined to 140 characters at a time. I don’t know about you, but that’s how I define the end of the world.
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.