Today, January 9th, 2013, marks the 100th anniversary of Richard Nixon’s birth. I’ve read Nixon’s memoirs (a great read) and several other books about him and came away with the sense that he was a very intelligent man–most likely one of the smartest Presidents we’ve ever had, in fact. But he was also a deeply flawed person. Reading his own words, you can see the insecurities early on and sense how he always felt unappreciated and looked down on by his peers. After reading the first part o…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.