Dwight L. Moody was the American evangelist and publisher behind the Moody Church in Chicago, Moody Bible Institute and Moody Bible Publishers. He was one of the first big evangelists and had global influence. After he’d found some success, he returned to his birthplace of Northfield, Massachusetts, where he started a school for girls in the late 19th century. He also started a school for boys nearby.
The purpose of the schools was to educate generations of committed Christians to continue his…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.