Populists see every new immigrant as a competitor for scarce jobs. Liberals see him as a potential vote. Conservatives see him as another mouth to feed. Libertarians see him as another mind and another pair of hands.
In reality, immigrants are all of those things and more. But each of us sees the elephant of immigration, legal and otherwise, through our own filters – the products of our individual experiences. The country needs all the minds and hands it can get. How do we deal with imm…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.