Preparing to celebrate Milton Friedman’s centenary this summer, the Hoover Institution has been digitizing my Uncommon Knowledge interviews with him. So far, just one has gone up on YouTube–the rest will follow in a few days–but that one is a beaut: “Take it to the Limits: Milton Friedman on Libertarianism.”
The format was simple: Milton, then 89, engaged in a half hour contest with a young man seated across the table from him. As the young man asked skeptical questions about libertarianism, trying to make it look shallow or silly, Milton defended it.
Guess who won.
My, but I miss him.
By the way, beginning at 8:23, doesn’t Milton come very close to endorsing just the kind of cap-and-trade program supported by Obama, Pelosi, and, ahem, Newt?
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.