|Mollie Hemingway, Ed.: Yesterday, Ambassador Susan Rice went around on the talk shows to distribute an odd talking point:
Now, even the folks running Libya aren’t so stupid as to advance this line. Heck, they’ve already rounded up some of the advance plotters for the, um, very very spontaneous attack.When the Obama administration first started spewing this line, I figured they were just trying to buy a few hours of time to get their story straight. But it’s been days now, and they keep saying it.All of a sudden I’m terrified that they actually believe this. If so, we’re in far worse shape than we may have thought. · · 45 minutes ago
It used to be the case that a diplomat was an honorable man who went abroad to lie for his country. In the Age of Obama, a diplomat is a dishonorable woman who goes on television to lie for her President.
– If you liked this post and want to join the conversation on it, click here to sign up for a One-Month Free Trial Offer. –
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.