In 1660, John Bunyan was arrested for preaching without a license. He spent 12 years in prison, and was released following 1672′s Declaration of Indulgence; that declaration was reversed in 1673, and Bunyan spent another 6 months in prison, where he wrote the first part of The Pilgrim’s Progress. I spoke with a client last week who had been stopped for driving with a blood alcohol level of .161, triggering the higher mandatory sentence for DUI in Washington State. She told me that …
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.