Friday was my final day of work after 12 years in a stable career. My husband and I are expecting our first baby in the next few weeks, and I know staying at home is the right decision for us, but it still feels like I just leapt off a cliff without knowing where the bottom is.
Looming ahead is the unknown world of parenthood and the loss of a great chunk of income. And we’re scared.
But I know we’re not special and our experience is not unique. And I am not the first woman to quit her jo…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.