Legendary Cardinal Stan Musial, one of baseball’s great hitters, died today at age 92.
I’ve never been a Cards fan, but it’s hard not to have been a Musial fan. By all accounts a great guy, his stats are stellar: career batting average of .331; 3,63o hits; 475 home runs; 1951 RBIs; three time MVP. No steroids–just pure talent. And he played for 22 years.
I remember him well, which tells you I’m an old Ricocheteer.
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.