The meaning is changing, but we should lead a change in the wording. It’s not a federal government, but a national government. Words matter. We clearly have crossed some line, where the independence of the states was lost.
The definition of federal government is: having or relating to a system of government in which several states form a unity but remain independent in internal affairs. The sovereignty of the states is an essential to any meaningful definition of federalism.
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.