Don’t get me wrong, I love calculus. I use calculus every day. If you’re a bright young student with dreams of becoming a mathematician, physicist, engineer, or economist, a good foundation in calculus is just what you need to get started. For everyone who isn’t that kid, calculus may be something they learn once and then never use again.
Probability, on the other hand, is something that we all deal with all the time, and it’s something that humans have a remarkably hard time grasping intuitiv…
Join Ricochet to be part of the smartest and most civil conversation on the web.
- Engage in great conversations on just about any topic on our exclusive Member Feed.
- Write your own posts and let the world know what you think.
- Interact with our contributors as well as fellow members.
- Have your voice heard by opinion-makers and political insiders.
- Attend our legendary Ricochet member meet-ups that take place all across the country and around the world.